Bilambil residents are being impacted by the ongoing closure of Scenic Drive due to storm damage. The Tweed Shire Council (TSC) says fixing this road could take 12 months, but in the view of rate payers and residents who rely on this road, it is essential its given urgent priority.
Residents in Bilambil reported hearing the army offered to help but was turned away because the road isn’t a state road, “just” a local road. Just shameful TSC for allowing bureaucracy to inconvenience your rate payers!
We urge the TSC to expedite its repair. The closure is inconveniencing residents who rely on it daily and most importantly extending response times of essential services including police, ambulance/medical and fire.
The alternative route into Bilambil through Terranora adds roughly 30 minutes drive time – delaying emergency services, adding transport costs (and increasing greenhouse emissions) and impacts businesses in the area.
Please help us petition our local council (TSC). So far we have 130 signatures
Fix Scenic Drive Bilambil HeightsRead the petition
Things to know
- The petition is being coordinated by local residents (in Bilambil Heights)
- Our only aim is to petition the TSC to urgently remedy Scenic Drive
- We must collect and confirm your email address to submit this petition. Once the petition is formally submitted to TSC, it will be used only to advice you of the TSC response to this petition
- This petition will be submitted when a minimum of 20 signatures are collected and resent on each additional 20 signatures are received
- For this petition to accepted to council, we must include your email address when lodging
- Once TSC tables this petition, we WILL delete your contact details from our server and will not keep data or use in any way contrary to this petition.
- We expect that TSC will use its own council communications to maintain contact with its residents
- This page is open to comments – please feel free to share your experience with others. All comments will be moderated (sorry, just the ways of the world at mo)