Please help us petition our local council (TSC). So far we have 207 signatures.
The petition closes on C.O.B 17th May 2022 and will be submitted to council for inclusion in 19th May 2022 meeting. If the submission is rejected by council, we will leave the petition open for further signature collection and resubmittal to MP Provest by 31 st May 2022.
Our website accepts comments, all comments here and Facebook may be included with submissions to the Minister if considered relevant.
Bilambil residents are being impacted by the ongoing closure of Scenic Drive due to storm damage. The Tweed Shire Council (TSC) says fixing this road could take 12 months, but in the view of rate payers and residents who rely on this road, it is essential its given urgent priority.
Residents in Bilambil reported hearing the army offered to help but was turned away because the road isn’t a state road, “just” a local road. Just shameful TSC for allowing bureaucracy to inconvenience your rate payers!
According to Tweed Shire Council; Specialist engineers are on the ground and geotechnical investigations are underway to assess the safety of the landslips and inform the design and construction of repairs.
We urge the TSC to expedite its repair. The closure is inconveniencing residents who rely on it daily and most importantly extending response times of essential services including police, ambulance/medical and fire.
The alternative route into Bilambil through Terranora adds roughly 30 minutes drive time – delaying emergency services, adding transport costs (and increasing greenhouse emissions) and impacts businesses in the area.
Expedite Scenic Drive Repairs Bilambil Heights
This petition is now closed.
End date: May 29, 2022
Signatures collected: 207
Signature goal: 20
Things to know
- The petition is being coordinated by local residents (in Bilambil Heights)
- Our only aim is to petition the TSC to urgently remedy Scenic Drive
- We must collect your email and address to submit this petition. Once the petition is formally submitted to TSC, your email address will be used only to advice you of the TSC response to this petition
- This petition will be submitted on 17th May 2022. for inclusion to councils 19th May 2022 meeting
- For this petition to be accepted by council, we must include your residential and email address
- Once TSC tables this petition, we WILL delete all your contact details from our server and will not keep data or use in any way contrary to this petition.
- We expect that TSC will use its own council communications to maintain contact with its residents
- This page is open to comments – please feel free to share your experience with others. All comments will be moderated (sorry, just the ways of the world at mo)